Sunday, March 17, 2013

Murder Most Fowl.... and by that I mean a bird.

I have to admit something to you all.... I might have killed a pigeon.  I LOVE pigeons... I love to chase them and watch them scatter and fly.  One day, Mommy and I were walking, she was slow and blamed the Tater Tot who was still in her belly.  I spied a lone pigeon and I stopped, assessed the situation and decided to pounce.  Well, this pigeon did as all great pigeons do, he flew!  Now, you may not know this, but most pigeons don't fly strait up, they take off sideways.... so this pigeon, took off and zipped between two parked cars, it was glorious as I watch him scatter!  But then much to my horror and to my utter surprise, there was a fast moving car heading up the street and that wonderful pigeon, trying to escape my pounce, flew into that car.  As Mommy tells the story, I stopped in my tracks and watched in horror as that pigeon hit the car and landed.  Mommy screeched and I started whining.  I didn't want him dead, I wanted him to fly with the wind.  After that, I didn't chase as many pigeons.... Just this week I started to chase them again.  Mommy says I have finally forgotten the "episode" but I haven't... I know I killed a pigeon, but I have to move past it and one of the ways to do that, is to... well.... chase more pigeons.


No comments:

Post a Comment